From:
Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:21:04 -0400
John C. Pavao wrote:

> Bill,
>
> What are you eating?  I used to have that after a bowl of pasta.  I haven't had it since.

I noticed it mostly after I ate a big bowl of chili.  Also after
breakfast, bacon and eggs.  I didn't know where to get uncured bacon so
I got the non-sugar cured kind.  Maybe it's because I have a liking for
VERY hot food.  I use a LOT of cayenne.  It's great on eggs.  Even
people who say they like really really hot food cannot eat mine but I
love it.  Developed this taste several years ago due to sinus trouble.
I couldn't smell anything so the only things I could taste were salt,
sugar and highly spiced food.
I had just figured that since the increase of fat consumption increases
metabolism, this would account for the heat.  Never noticed it before.

Bill