From:
Gary Ditta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 1997 19:16:21 -0700
My wife and I drank distilled water for over 20 years. We switched to
spring water several years ago, figuring it wouldn't hurt to get some trace
minerals. Haven't noticed any difference yet :)

Two factlets:

1) The word "spring" has to be associated with the product, not the company
name for it to truly be spring water. Also, "spring-type", "spring-fresh",
or "spring-pure" won't cut it. Should say something like "spring water",
"natural spring water" or "natural mineral water".

2) There's supposedly a correlation between the extent of heart disease in
a population and the hardness of water in the area. Longeveity was
generally better if water in your area had more dissolved solids in it, was
high in calcium and magnesuium, and possibly also had high manganese and
chromium.

Gary

PS Doesn't distilled water go against the basic premise of Neanderthin? Our
ancestors certainly always drank water that had stuff dissolved in it.