From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 21:30:55 -0500
Below is a composite of some of my responses to the LA RAF thread on
the raw-food list that I think will shed some light on some of the
statements made in the initial post. RAF = Raw animal food  &
ROF = Raw organ food

To a question about the quality of organ foods I responded: "I have
spoken with him since, and he has made some clarifications. He never
eats pork or any organs from pigs and the only beef he will eat is
Coleman's - organic cattle organs are generally not available. He
avoids commercial foods from these animals as they are rarely allowed
any natural feed and often are fed a lot of antibiotics and hormones.
Goats and sheep on the other hand he argues are raised more naturally
so even if they are commercially fed they are OK to eat."

To a question about gutting fish I responded: "I am a little confused
myself. He referred to the "Dutch Green Fish Laws" that supposedly
dictate that fish have to be gutted at sea just after being caught. He
says that when first hearing about these laws he called the Dutch
Embassy and got the story confirmed. I admit it does sound a little
fishy :-) but if I find out more I will let you know."

To a question about the wisdom of eating commercial organs I responded:
"My organ friend says he has been eating raw organs for twenty years -
he went all-raw 8 years ago - and claims that with the exceptions above
the healing powers of these foods are so powerful that they easily
override any possible side effects. As for his not chewing his foods he
is not actually recommending other people to do this - when swallowing
whole anchovies the fins can easily get caught in the throat he warns.
I will ask more about his chewing habits at our next meeting. If looks
mean anything, he is in his late fifties, looks 15 years younger and
seems to be in great shape. He has been giving free nutritional
counseling for over twenty years mostly to poor immigrant workers and
to peasants on his travels to Mexico. He educates people by having them
sit in front of him and watch him eat the ROF's and says that if they
do this, they will acquire a taste for these foods. Like you he
believes he the transition is much easier if the ROF's and RAF'S are
eaten whole according to instinct. If somebody has a heart condition he
will give them raw heart (or whatever their instincts guide them to),
if arthritis, raw cartilage and so on and claims that when following
this protocol, people will see results very fast. He considers ROF's
the most powerful healing foods on the planet."

"He eats raw organs in the quantities he does he says because he loves
and craves them and because he feels they help him deal better with the
effects of some chemical poisoning he was exposed to some years back.
He freezes the organs because he either buys them in quantity or buys
the animals whole and for people new to ROF's, he recommends that they
freeze them for three to four days before eating them to kill off any
parasites. He reckons that only veteran ROFFERS have the immune systems
and stomach acids to be able to deal with these critters appropriately.
According to him children just love ROF's and will grab any opportunity
to eat their fill of them. He thinks that for the average person a diet
25-30% ROF would be excellent with the rest RAF's, RPF's (raw plant
foods) and some cooked foods. He considers refined carbohydrates to be
the worst foods anybody can consume. He is of the opinion that man is
not meant to eat plant foods but admits that due to social
conditioning, it is not feasible for most people to do without them. So
far this is the only weak point I have found in his presentation along
with his arguing that an almost exclusive ROF diet is the best way to
deal with chronic chemical poisoning. I told him I thought that some
green foods might do him some good as they are powerful chelaters. His
response was that they also chelate the good minerals out of the body
and claimed to have several references to back it up. One reference was
a book (title unknown to me at this point) by  two MD brothers both by
the name of Garland. (Putnam Books)"

"Overall, I am pretty impressed by him and feel he speaks with great
authority and experience on the issue of ROF's. He is not on the
internet but gives free advice on ROF eating on the phone and if
anybody on this list has any questions for him, I am sure he would be
pleased to oblige. If interested let me know through private email, and
I will ask him if it is OK for me to pass on his number to you."

Best, Peter