From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 21:06:31 -0500
Earlier this week I posted the following message to the raw-food list.
It might be of interest to some of you - especially for those living in
the Los Angeles area.

LA RAF (Los Angeles Raw Animal Food Support Group) held its first
meeting yesterday. It was a potluck, and my halibut pate turned out the
best yet served along with grapes, raw goat cheese, dehydrated seed
crackers and raw cow's milk. Everybody else brought a piece of RAF,
honey or some fresh fruit.

The main attraction of the potluck was a long time raw food eater
(eight years on a diet consisting of 95% raw organs) who brought a wide
selection of organs and bones. I tried raw brain, testicles, stomach,
thymus gland, bone marrow, cartilage and stomach and other parts from
goat and sheep I do not recall. Some of it was repulsive to me - I
gagged on one of the items - and some was quite tasty especially the
bone marrow. I am not about to go on a raw organ diet any time soon but
I do believe they contain important nutrients not found in many other
foods. The person who brought the organs claims to have helped many
people overcome serious conditions including his own when he was
wasting away from multiple allergies and chemi cal sensitivities many
years ago. He eats instinctively, rarely chews his foods
(seeing him swallow whole anchovies was quite an experience) and claims
to have a taste for raw organs only. He seems to be in great shape and
is not concerned about not getting the organs of organic or instinctive
quality as he has found these to often be of inferior quality with the
animals at times full of worms. Regarding fish he says that fish should
NOT be gutted just after being caught so any parasites in the fish are
allowed to travel from the muscles to the guts.

About half of those attending the pot luck were on different versions
of Aajonus' diet. The argument was made by several that in serious
cases of arthritis and other immuno-disorders especially if caused by
severe chemical toxicity that a diet high in raw dairy and raw muscle
meat such as Aajonus recommends would not be the optimal diet and that
one high in raw cartilage, marrow and organs would be preferable being
the ultimate form of live cell therapy. Aajonus is more conservative in
recommending organ meats as he is concerned with too many toxins being
concentrated in them.

We will be having the next potluck Sunday September 21, we welcome
everybody and hope there will be enough basis to have them once a
month. I am beginning to loose my taste for raw dairy - the only raw
dairy I still have taste for is raw cow's milk and cream - and still
have a difficulty eating meat or fish so I am happy for the support a
group like this provides.

Best, Peter