NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 15:01:03 -0500
I've been told that Kosher Meat is not an option. Only Kosher, and you have
a 50/50 chance of getting milk (well, greater than 50/50 for breakfast,
less at dinner). The only way that I've been told is to order the "Pure
Vegetarian" meal, which is supposed to be completely free of any animal
products ("vegan"). Unfortunately, some airlines have screwed it up enough
times that I am quite leary of eating on a plane. They often get the entre
right but mess up on the roll, the salad dressing, or the dessert. On one
of my recent trips I even had an allergic reaction to one of the meals and
had to take much medication (although it kicked in soon enough that I
didn't need to use my epipen).

I know that it's little consolation, but you can be reasonably certain that
you'll get a mostly dairy-free meal if you order "pure veg". If they do
allow you to order Kosher Meat, I'd like to know on which airline - I might
just be a new frequent flyer...

Mark

Mark Feblowitz