RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:20:06 -0800
Rex:
>I only keep saying that *quality* must be
>part of the picture.  There are people here who have said many times that XYZ is
>impossible or XXX is impossible, but they refuse to consider quality.  From my
>chair they look dogma-driven.
>...snipped...

>Am I seeing an agenda here?  Does Brix, per se, have to be fought tooth and nail
>because it might open the door to some proscribed dietary regime? ....

>All
>I'm saying is that when people here make claims that this or that can't possibly
>work, they should take quality into the equation.  Otherwise, their arguments
>are hollow.  Is that so hard to accept?

Tom:
The problem here is that whenever I point out that I did indeed eat very
high quality fruit, you engage in denial and/or rationalizations, e.g.

- claiming that the fruit I ate was secretly sprayed with some dread poisons,
which ignores the reality that I knew and was friends with the growers,
who were open and honest about their techniques. My suppliers did not even
own spraying equipment!

- claiming that the fruit I ate was polluted with toxic metals from home
construction.

- claiming that the fruit I ate was not good enough to meet your impossibly
high standards, despite the fact that my descriptions were similar to the
high brix fruit you seem to seek so diligently.

- you ignore that I was an organic gardener myself (as was a friend).
We used compost and horse manure to grow veggies and fruits. We didn't
have a brix meter or obsess on brix levels, but I can assure you the
veggies and fruits we grew were very, very tasty. By the way, there was
a small group of us who traded organic produce. Back in those days one could
not go to the store and buy it - you had to grow it or know the grower.

And so, it appears that you are actively employing denial and unsupported
rationalizations, to continue to cling to the idea that fruitarianism
can work long-term, IF one can get fruit of impossibly high quality. As
I said before, that is an assumption by you, one that is contradicted
by my own case/example.

Tom Billings