RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rex Harrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:18:38 -0500
David Mayne wrote:

> censor n : a person who is authorized to read publications or correspondence or to watch
> theatrical performances and suppress in whole or in part anything considered obscene or
> politically unacceptable.
>
> Rex, once again, I will ask you to back up your claims of "censorship", or
> start using another term.

Dave, I well know that you have the power to pull the plug on me and I don't have similar
power to do the same to you.

So at somewhat of a risk, I'm going to say that it appears, from my seat, that you are
highly irritated I chose to use the "C" word.  I have tried to explain what I meant, but
you have apparently chosen to ignore that and stick by the dictionary definition.
Sobeit.  I will retract my use of the "C" word and, in the future, try to describe any
inhibitory harshness, name-calling, and derision with one or more other terms.

However, you do give me hope with your admonition to all to avoid name calling.  Perhaps
if "crank", "wacko", "asshole", "fakes", "gurus", and other derogatory terms dropped out
of the conversation we would all be better off.  At any rate I promise to avoid the "C"
word.  I'd appreciate the return of any post with a slip.

Regards,
Rex Harrill