RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rex Harrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 19:05:40 -0500
"Thomas E. Billings" wrote:

> Because some anti-nutrients actually increase when soaked and sprouted
> (canavanine - spelling may be bad - in alfalfa is an example).

Tom, I've been researching the canavanine issue.  However, the possibility
that the baby sprout was producing any escaped me.  My assumption had been
that all canavanine measurable in sprouts was generated by the mother plant
when she made the seed.  Dr. Rosenthal mentioned the seeds could be up to 13%,
but that the sprouts were only 1.5%.

If you're saying what I think you're saying, could you give me a pointer or
two so I can read up on it?

Thanks,
Rex Harrill
BTW, any who are curious can visit this website for a terrible shock: alfalfa
sprouts, even though the Sproutman sez it ain't so, can evidently create lupus
symptoms...

http://www.uky.edu/~garose/cav.htm