RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:38:59 +0100
Christopher:

> * Another "aha" perhaps many of you will be familiar with, was in
> relation to the Pottenger research.  In Pottenger's experiments, the
> "nutritionally challenged" cats could not reproduce after 3 generations,
> (or infertility was the rule).  Sally pointed out that modern folk have
> been on junk diets for often about 3 generations.  And look at our rate
> of infertility (not to mention anti-social behavior).  When she said
> this I got shivers from head to toe, and they lasted for about 10
> seconds.  We are eating ourselves to extinction!  & our best response is
> fertility drugs, (and then octuplets - wonder what that does to the
> mother and kids...).

It's true that our infertility rate is increasing, but remember that
the earth is populated (crowded) with 6 billion cooked food-eating
humans; that women in some African countries have 8 children or more,
despite a cooked and nutritionally deficient diet; that most humans
have been eating cooked for at least 1000 generations; abortion and
contraception are quite widespread.

In conclusion, I don't think we are eating ourselves to extinction,
but rather polluting, "nuking", etc. ourselves to extinction.

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>