RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 11:51:20 +0100
7bit 7bit
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Wes (to Liza):

> Eat meal of fruit. Chances are you have great energy and are not tired.

It was the case when I began eating raw (I was probably lacking fruit
on my previous diet). If I have a fruit-only meal, then either I don't
have sufficient energy, or I eat too much sugar and I feel lethargic
2-3 hours later (can't open my eyes and sleep on the table).

> > ALL food demands pancreatic enzymes.
>
> True, but cooked food demands much more.

Even cooked rice compared to raw rice??

> Eat a meal of cooked vegetables one day. Eat the same meal raw the next.
> Which one do you feel lighter after? The raw one.

If I had to choose between

 -A meal of raw rice and a meal of cooked rice
 -500 grams of raw potatoes and 500 g of boiled potatoes
 -1 (whole) raw cabbage and 1 cooked cabbage
 -A meal of raw kidney beans and a meal of cooked kidney beans

Then I would prefer the cooked meal. But of course I like raw lettuce.

> A need for 18,000 calories a day would be a world record! The most I've
> heard of was about 6,000 a day for a 400# weight lifter. This is
> attainable raw - no need to cook anything. Eat lots of raw soaked
> grains, nuts, seeds, dates, dried fruit, avocados, raw eggs, raw dairy
> (including butter), etc.

If I had to eat 6000 calories of raw food a day, I would feel somewhat
full and/or have a sugar overload.

Wes:
>Person A should look into eating raw starch in the form of
>soaked/sprouted grains.

... If person A
 -likes grains
 -can eat gluten-containing foods
BTW, do you know that one of the reasons why sprouted grains are more
digestible than unsprouted ones is that the starch has been converted
into simpler carbohydrates, like maltose?

>I like the taste. It can be an acquired taste. I used to hate the taste
>of avocados and veggies and other things.

I've always like avocados, and always *hated* raw potatoes no matter
how much I tried (I have tried potatoes many times since I began
eating raw). If you like them, you must be very special because most
people don't, even after 10 years of raw food.

>> Not for me. I can go to the restaurant and the next day come back to
>> totally raw without problem.
>
>Kind of like the marijuana user who uses it only once every other day,
>but isn't really addicted. :)

Actually, I go to the restaurant about once a week now. Social life is
important too, and there is no raw restaurant here.

--Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>