RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:40:55 -0500
From:
Ratha Grimes <[log in to unmask]>
On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Liza May wrote:

> > [Wes] Cooked food is dark and literally dead.
>
> Likewise, cooked food is no more "dead" than
> un-cooked food. They are BOTH "dead." Neither form
> has the recognized characteristics of "life"
> (meaning that they do not Metabolize, or Respond,
> or Reproduce).

Actually, something that is freshly dead still
contains many "living" characteristics. For example, I
understand human fingernails and hair still grow for
some amount of time after death.

If you killed and then roasted a human being I somehow
doubt the fingernails would still be growing. I don't
know though. Maybe this should be put to experiment.

{ Ratha }                         ICQ number 18395425
                      http://www.angstrom.net/~ratha/
            "...therefore, if thou like, rain, O sky!"