RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
EVW Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 06:37:51 -0700
Wasn't it proven less than a year
> ago that the researchers *automatically* shifted to approve
> calcium-blockers in direct proportion to the freebies they got from the
> manufacturers?

Unfortuanetly this and other abuses of the scientific method mean that
rigorous scientific proof is often not better proof than looking at a
few case histories. Statistics are susceptible to misunderstanding and
false conclusions and lacking in a holistic approach. There is no
rigorous scientific proof. They have proven water causes cancer and
maybe it does. And peer reviewers are generally interested in promoting
their own views. More than one Nobel winner has had his original paper
rejected. I would like to see Aajonus and others use the scientific
method and publish, but I don't think it is fair to put them down for
trying to help people without the scientific backing. That sounds like
"all or nothing" philosophy. And alternative pratitioners have much
right to charge as any of the so-called professionals in mainstream
medicine. Perhaps they will be covered by medical insurance eventually.
I like Jean-Louis's philosophy...take a holistic approach on treatment
and aim for prevention.

My best, Ellie