RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:21:49 -0500
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Peter:
>> If any change is made, it will mean extra work for me & Dave to go back and
>> update the old address formats in the archives so I suggest that we let
>> this subject go before it becomes trendy. ;-/  If anybody has any
>> questions/comments about this issue please contact Dave or me.

Gregg:
>Are you saying that if I or anyone wants to change their Personalization
>but not their E-Mail Address i.e. like if Liza wanted do one of the
>above you'd have to or at least you'd want to modify the From: Line in
>all her previous Messages to now show Liza May <[log in to unmask]> so we
>can look her up by Author or something?

First of all I am saying we should not take up any more list space debating
an issue that is way off topic and does not have the interest of most
subscribers to the list.

>It doesn't seem like there would be a reason for that since it would still
be easy for >us to follow her I would think.

Doing a search on somebody's email address only works without the
personalization line anyway but when the archives are sorted according to
author it becomes a mess if the same person is using different
personalization lines.  Some have been very creative in this respect
causing hours of work to sort them out and streamline them.

>Also, one day she, you, and/or I might want to change our actual E-Mail
>Address but we might keep the Personalization
>part and so there is really no need to change the From: Line throughout
>the whole Archive because then it wouldn't be an Accurate Representation
>of how we had actually had Sent it; so I would think there is no need to
>do so but I would love to hear back from you on that if I was
>understanding you correctly.

Any change will throw off the archives.

>Remember when we spoke the other day and if you get your Web Site and
>Corresponding E-Mail Address you'll then be able to use:

Gregg, you are obviously a very knowledgable and helpful person but lets
kill this thread and take it off the list.

Aaron:
>I'm just going to go down to city hall and change my permanent name to
>[log in to unmask], so there will be no problems.

Always wise to play it safe, however, as a consequence of this thread I
understand the trend is catching on so fast that to avoid long lines, you
had better go early in the morning. ;-)

>I have been remote-viewing the future, and this is how it will be done in the
>future, so we might as well all start now

The next challenge for you will be to learn how to speak in UPPER caps and
learn how to communicate with those who prefer speaking in lower - just
like I when communicating with people *live* and in *real-time* am still
trying to figure out how to express a smiley. ;-)

Best, Peter