RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 09:37:41 -0700
From:
Mark Hovila <[log in to unmask]>
Ellie,

It may be semantics, but then again it may not.  I just think it is
important that we not deceive ourselves into thinking we are somehow
performing some noble deed on the animal's behalf when we use words like
"merciful" and "compassionate."  If extraterrestrials visited our planet
and began gathering up humans to kill and eat, they too might say they were
doing so with compassion and mercy, but it would be more to assuage their
own feelings of guilt than out of any true compassion for the humans.
Would the families of the people that were eaten feel gratitude that their
loved ones were killed with "mercy" and "compassion" because they weren't
tortured?  I'm afraid I wouldn't be so charitable.  If the ETs felt true
compassion for us, they wouldn't kill us.

Mark