Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 22:17:51 -0700
7bit
From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Because of the neoteny (retention of juvinile traits into adulthood)found
in all domesticated plants and animals, grains such as corn and wheat
never separate from the stem when the grain matures.  This necesitates
threshing or some other method to separate the grain from the chaf or cob
before the plant can reproduce.  Without this feature grain is very
difficult to harvest as it falls to the ground as soon as it matures.
Immature grain is even less digestable than mature grain.

Raw grain when ground contains mostly flour, water and fiber.  In French
this is called Paper Mache and can cause a bowel obstruction in any
Primate species if eaten in enough quantity.

Long before tea was made from boiling water the (raw)leaves were simply
wadded into the mouth as a stimulant.  The leaves from which mate tea are
made are still used in this way by the peasants of the Andes.

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander