From:
Irma R DeBruyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 06:26:58 -0500

I had asked about the gluten free status of corn syrup. I received a
number of responses stating that Karo syrup is gluten free. I also
recieved a question about gluten in corn. As has been stated before at
various times, the protein in corn is sometimes described by manufacturers
as gluten, but it is not one of the proteins that are trouble to celiacs.

Irma in Mass