From:
"George I. Balch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:19:23 -0500

Feds about their sources of information on celiac.  Here's the reply.  Hope
it helps.

In addition to the listing in the digestive diseases dictionary, we post
a directory of organizations here
http://www.niddk.nih.gov/DigDisOrgPat/DigDisOrgPat.html
This directory  includes three celiac organizations that provide
information about celiac disease.  (We work with these organizations so
as not to duplicate their efforts.)

You can also search the Combined Health Information Database (CHID)
online here
http://chid.nih.gov
This is a database of health education materials.  The National
Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse maintains the digestive
diseases area of this database.  You should be able to find celiac
materials with this tool.

In addition, we are working on a fact sheet about celiac and anticipate
that it should be up on our home page in about a month--maybe
two--depending on how long it takes for expert review and comment.

on celiac was forthcoming.   I am at a loss to understand why he posted
what he did.  In any case, I hope I have provided you with the
information you were seeking.

George I. Balch, Ph.D.                          HOME OFFICE (preferred contact)
Visiting Associate Professor of Marketing       635 S. Kenilworth Avenue
and Public Health                               Oak Park, IL 60304-1129
Prevention Research Center                      Phone/fax: 708-383-5570
University of Illinois-Chicago                  E-mail: [log in to unmask]
850 W. Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60607-3025
Phone: 312-413-9811
Fax: 312-996-2703