From:
The Mitchell Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 21:53:56 -0500

Greeting friends!
        Does anyone have a phone number for Barbara's who makes Brown Rice
crisps? I would like to verify their gf status. The ingredients look all
right but that is anot always the case. I bought some at a health food
store last week. I also bought a box of Pacific Grain Nutty Rice cereal
which looks from the picture on the label like little nuggets.
Ingredients looked ok, but when I called their 800 number(it took me 3
phone calls to get to talk to the person in the know) he went to great
pains to inform me several times during the conversation that the make
NO CLAIM that this cereal is gf because it is run on the same lines as
wheat and barley cereal. I asked if the machines were cleaned in between
and he said yes but stressed yet again they made no claim that they are
gf. Don't know if they are just being extra cautious or what. My son is
dying for cereal and won't eat the cooked rice hot cereal. HELP please!
Thanks. Lois