Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 22:39:04 -0400
From:
Bruce Culver <[log in to unmask]>

I would greatly appreciate your responses to these questions as my GI
doctor felt a bone density test (in my case, as my calcium levels are in
the normal range) was not needed and, as I have read in the archives,
our medical experts recommend doing a bone density test at the initial
diagnosis.

1.  How many of those who have been biopsy-confirmed Celiacs were given
bone density tests upon initial diagnosis of CD?
2.  At what age were you diagnosed with Celiac Disease (CD)?
3.  Are you currently being monitored annually for bone density?
4.  How many of you are taking prescription drugs for increasing bone
density?
5.  When the bone density test was recommended (or demanded by you), did
you have a calcium deficiency or low calcium level at that time?
6.  Are you currently taking calcium supplements?  How much?

I will post a summary of the results after I hear from you!

Sincerely Searching,
Renee' in So. Florida