RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:15:52 EDT

<< please post all the information you can about the the book (like the date
 it was published) >>

That was all the info I had, unfortunately.  The front cover is torn away
along with the first couple pages.  I was put out by The National Health
Bureau of LaFayette, Indiana.  Which is the only address given, even though it
says to send orders to that address (no street name).  It looks like the
company also put out a magazine called Perfect Health.  It looks like an old
vegetarian organization with knowledge of raw foods.  Quotes 1916 statistics.
The articles or chapters are by different doctors, for example, Dr. Leanard
Keene Hirshberg, "How Gall Stones May Be Removed By Simple Methods."  (Johns
Hopkins University)  Book talks about curing syphilis through fasting.  It
recommends the use of eggs and milk and beans and grains instead of meat.

It's a great book.  It lists the authors name as simply AUTHOR

I'll read you a quote "Meat will give strength to the lions, tigers, and other
carnivorous animals.  But meat does not give strength to the bull moose, a
better fighter than the lion, nor to the elephant, a stronger animal than the
tiger.  Every day is meatless for the bull moose and the elephant.  Man is not
a carnivorous animal and every day should me meatless.  The food consumed by
livestock of our country would support 500,000,000 human beings.  Meat is an
un-scientific food for man.  The man who eats three big meals daily, smokes,
and sleeps in a room with little or no ventilation, is only half at work
during working hours."

Talks about the problems with mouth breathing.

Aaron