RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 13:30:57 EDT
jon,

<< I have very much respect and love for Victoras. The Survival Book brought
 me to raw food and to your company. For me it is more than just a beautiful
 dream. It is what a aspire to, on some level. >>

I have many times been the victim of my own delusions or confusion or
incomplete understanding, and it is from these grand experiences that I have
learned the most!

I think that Victoras's goodness, and inspiration, is all the more reason to
weed out any delusion or faulty beliefs from his teachings, so that people can
benefit from his brilliance, and not be harmed by his own mistakes.  Learning
and development often happens faster that way, as we don't have to waste time
and energy being led down dead-end roads.   People need to LIVE for
themselves, and learn from LIFE, when it speaks to us from a bird, or the
trees, or our self, or another human being.  If Victoras has faulty beliefs,
then it is to his and everyone's advantage that they be revealed.  No harm
comes from sobriety, or questioning 'authorities'.

I always strive to take what is good, build on what is incomplete, ponder what
I don't understand, and leave what feels mistaken.  I follow my own path, and
if I am then mistaken, I will learn soon enough.

I remember reading about some 'enlightened master' who had attained his 'way
of being', yet being human, it was only one piece of the puzzle.  He still had
problems with drinking, and bizzare sex rites he would ask his disciples or
students to perform.  When he allowed his sanity to rage, so too came a raging
lust, which he never mastered, prompting him to say, finally, towards the end
of his life, something like, 'take what I have taught you, but do not live as
i have lived."

He taught what he knew, and lived as the rest of us live, and compassionately,
or selflessly, told people NOT to follow him in his obsessions, etc.

You get the idea.

It is not my intent to take away whatever good Victoras has done.  If I see
something that seems ridiculous to me, however, I will point it out so that it
might be questioned.

<<If you intend to pull the rug out from under me with your belief-busting, I
hope somebody smart and loving like you will be there to catch me.>>

LIFE always catches one when their beliefs are surrendered, and then one finds
their SELF.  You need no one to catch you ;)

It is my intent to remind people to question their beliefs, and remember that
they are only beliefs, and thus subject to a greater mystery.  There is no
harm in admitting mystery, one can still freely attempt whatever action their
will inspires.

Pulling the rug out from under a person is only possible if that person agrees
to surrender their belief(s).  Two persons are always involved, and one must
not forget the responsibilty and freedom of the SELF to determine one's own
fate.  I cannot pull the rug out from anyone, I can merely suggest other
options which they might not have considered, and they can then still resist
consideration if they wish.

If you agree to surrender, reality will catch you and you will realize there
was no distance to fall from.  The distance was a mental separation from one's
own self, or self-knowledge.  Once you are caught, you are more grounded, and
can thus maneuver reality more safely.  LIfe becomes more enjoyable.

I saw a documentary on crop circles the other day, and various people came
forward who had been making them over the last couple decades at night, in
secret.  They demonstrated how they've been making them, how they've been
making lights, etc.  This was filmed.  The experts then viewed these crop
circles and said absolutely that they were genuine, and went on to say how
they could not have been produced by humans.  They offered their 'proof'.
When told of the 'set-up', some of them refused to accept that humans had made
the circles, and some wanted to see it done, in daylight, which is was.

There were some who still would not surrender their beliefs as they derived
too much pleasure from them.

There would be nothing lost if those people admitted to themselves that humans
had been making those very crop circles that had been responsible for them
developing beliefs, and there would be nothing lost if those people admitted
to themselves the MYSTERY that there may or may not be ANY genuine,
unexplainable phenomenon of crop circles.

Maybe some of these 'crop circle experts' felt grateful to be freed from a
life's work, so that now they could return to their family, and work, and not
spend the remainder of their life spent living according to delusional
beliefs.  Revealing the mystery of 'those crop circles' was, in my opinion, a
great gift to many lives, as many people may have gotten their life back,
sobered up, after years spent high or drunk devoting thier life to 'beliefs'.
Freedom from the intoxication or beliefs, is just like being freed from any
addiction.  The person feels as if they have their LIFE BACK!!!

Removing beliefs cannot alter what is truly great.  The truth will remain
whether we are dead or alive, most certainly it remains whether it is believed
in or not.  The intent is to separate the real from the apparent so that we
can all live upon agreed reality and not upon agreed illusions.  This will
improve the quality of Life of humanity.

As a part of Life and Reality I will always follow my desire to help promote
reality, and truth, and non-belief, and to remind people to question what they
do not know in themselves, to question me, never believe anything I say, and I
will assist people in whatever way I desire as I continue my own process of
Living and Learning.

love,
aaron