RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Mayne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 15:41:38 -0400
Hello Liza,

David Mayne quotes Viktoras's letter/brochure:
> << "Imagine yourself in a loving, supportive circle of womyn..... Share in
> healing, music, sweat lodge, barter market, childrens circle......>>

Liza responds:
> Children's circle? ......... uhhhh ........ which children.........I guess not
> the evil monstrous male children.........I guess the wom*?%n will have to find
> babysitters for those while they are busy loving and healing......the
> babysitters can be other wom*--$n who can stay at home and work so that the
> richer womoons can sweat and be supportive and get a tan.

Yeah, I found the spelling of "womyn" and the new agey cliches
somewhat amusing myself. Gender emphasis notwithstanding, it seems
to me that such a focus could make impressions that could limit the
attractiveness of the retreat to a smaller audience, but perhaps,
that it what Youkta and Viktoras intended.

Liza:

> Excuse me, but these folks are outdated by about twenty years.

About 4 years ago, I had the opportunity to ask Viktoras a number
of questions one to one in person - I recall asking him if he
remained faithful to the general spirit and tenets of his Survival
Into The 21st Century of the early 70's, and his response was
an overwhelming affirmative, that he still believed in the
catastrophy theory and the subsequent "New Age" revival bringing Love,
Peace, and raw Bliss to the planet. I must admit that I enjoyed
reading Survival the first time I got ahold of it - very unconventional,
very interesting claims made even if many have proven to be laughable.
The entertainment value is certainly there for someone who due to a
young age just missed out on the hippie-love-peace movement-dawn of
aquaris age/era like myself, and there is some information there which
is still worthy of consideration, IMO.

Nonetheless, I agree with Liza that some of the ideals expressed in
his letter/brochure date back to the Survival days, and it does appear
to me that Viktoras was speaking truly when I questioned him as above.
He is still a very interesting character to talk with and to hear
in speaking engagements - a very bright and intelligent mind is at
the root of his words, as bizzarly as they may sometimes be delivered.

Regards,

David