From:
Mahesh Shah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:18:21 -0600
Isn't alcohol an empty carbohydrate ala sugar? It depletes the reserves of
B vitamins in the body just as sugar does with a host of attendant problems
( neural, mental etc.).

Its use in medicines is because of its solvent nature, and its ability to
 facilitate transport of drugs to the bloodstream.

Recent studies have shown that one or more drinks of alcohol a day
significantly increase the risks of breast cancer in women.

Mahesh Shah aka ElectronicBoy