From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 14:57:07 EST

<< I have read that many animals consume intoxicants in the wild.  One of them
is
 a species of Siberian Reindeer that 'trip' on hallucinogenic mushrooms, then
 urinate, and then drink their urine to 'trip' again on the active chemicals
 that passed out in their urine.  They supposedly stumble around for a while
 and fall in the snow, from what I remember.  Seems the Siberian tribal
shamans
 emulate them, including the urine! >>

Aaron, I'm sorry - but I'm skeptical about this story.  (I'm skeptical about
many things I hear  about health - which has turned out to be a useful
practice).  I have read some about the Siberian reindeer, and the culture that
herds them, and have not heard anything like this mushroom story.  Where did
you hear this story?  What kind of hallucinogenic mushroom grows uo there?
I've also not heard that there are shamans in this group. Where did you get
your information?

Love Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)