From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 14:13:53 EST
Marc,
<< The point of my original question is, can anyone truly be allergic to
mammal muscle?  >>

Yes, allergies exist to many different kinds of foreign proteins, including
animal muscle tissue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ray,
<<   [Intoxicants] ....l are used by many species to make life more pleasant.
If you wish
to make your life more pleasant, try not to hurt yourself or others on the
process. >>

Even if we didn't live in these challenging times, with all the difficult
temptations to cope with stress by resorting to so many available addictive
substances and acceptable behaviors, I don't think I would ever encourage
anyone to 'make their life more pleasant' by becoming intoxicated.  I believe
that there are more rational ways of achieving hapiness in life.

As far as other species, I am curious to know which animals, and what
intoxicants you were referring to.

<< Be aware of the legal, medical and social consequences of your actions and
exercise due caution whether you are drinking, smoking or doing drugs legaly
or illegaly. >>

I don't think its prudent to encourage anyone to experiement with illegal
substances.  As far as social consequences, the definition of intoxication is
impairment of the reasoning ability ....... so how can a person be advised to
be aware of social consequences when (s)he is unable to think rationally?
It's hard to think of other people when you can barely stand up, or when you
are hallucinating.

<< Alcohol and some prescription drugs because of their legality cause some to
think they are beneign if used moderatly or under a doctors prescription.
They are not! >>

No, they certainly are not benign.  I don't think that there is any question
that there is permanent destruction of brain cells with the use of alcohol,
in addition to the other dangerous side effects.  And there are SO many
dangers with the vast supply of powerful perscription drugs.  Benign is a word
that cannot be used in any way in connection with the word 'intoxicant.'

<< All intoxicants involve risks.  Choose your poisons carfully! >>

Why should someone be advised to choose their 'poison' as you so aptly put it?
Better to not choose poison, rather choose life.  Doesn't that make sense?

Love Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)