From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 08:14:45 -0500
Beverle and Lisa,

That's great.  But some of us aren't high on life.  Yes I feel better on
this diet.  I have more energy.  A goal?  Lately, the best goal I can
muster seems to be not to gain any weight, because I sure as hell can't
lose any.  But that's all besides the point.

The point is, some people enjoy mild intoxication.  And some use it for
religious purposes.  Look back through folklore.  The Native Americans are
a good example.

This discussion wasn't meant to evoke judgements based on personal belief
systems, and I really hope it doesn't go that way.  After a lifetime of
being judged about my weight, the last thing I'm here for is more summary
judgement about how I choose to live my life, especially when I'm not
hurting anyone.  (Hey, maybe I'm reading an undertone into this thread
that's not there.  If I am, sorry.  Guess I'm a little sensitive
lately<g>.)

Thanks,
John Pavao
Lisa:
   Thank you!  I have been wondering the same thing.  Maybe I don't get
it, but feeling so great and having energy and a "goal" is all the
intoxication I need.  I walk out into my yard at 4:30 in the morning
with the soft breeze and the sun peaking up red on the horizon and what
would I miss with a drug or intoxicant in my body?  No thanks!
Beverle