From:
"Aaron D. Wieland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 16:23:13 -0500
Beverle,

I didn't mean to sound as though I'm desperate to put on weight, though I
wouldn't mind gaining a few more pounds.  Rather, I was curious whether a
carb-intolerance and chronic thinness on a high-carb diet always implies
malabsorption, or whether there's another reason why I might not gain weight
easily.  That being said....

I'm 24 years old.  I was a little on the skinny side for much of my
childhood, but started to put on some bulk when I started my growth spurt
(when I was about 17, I think).  That year, I suddenly lost a few pounds,
and was never able to get them back; until recently, that is.  Since I also
experienced digestive problems, malabsorption seems likely.

I agree that some sort of resistance training would probably be beneficial,
though I lack the discipline to lift weights, and dislike public fitness
centres (actually, I dislike most public centres, but I'm not as antisocial
as I sound, honest).  Walking to the woods and climbing trees would be more
fun. ;-)  When I was 17, I did pushups regularly every morning for a while,
and found that my body quickly responded to that modest amount of
conditioning; I should resume the practice.

-- Aaron Wieland

>   How old are you?  I was _way_ underweight until 21.  Put on a little
[...]