From:
Jacki Harmon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:46:30 -0800
     Dear Group,
    I just wanted to tell you about a couple of other benefits I've
noticed since starting the paleo way of life.  We've been very strict
with it for 2 1/2 weeks now, and I'm amazed that I've had no cravings for
anything we have given up.  I was only drinking maybe 2 cups of coffee a
week if that, but that's always been very hard for me to let go of.  This
time I've had no cravings whatsoever.  Also, I was becoming a major
"chocoholic" (I think mostly for the energy, however brief, it was giving
me), I went cold turkey on that and don't miss it at all.  And I have
lots of energy now.  My daughter, who's three, is totally off any grains,
sugar, etc.  and although the first three days were like living with a
heroine addict, she now no longer asks for toast, or pancakes, her candy
is now dried papaya.  (She had her first candy a few months ago - a
mistake, but she's over it.)  Yesterday we were in a grocery store that
had a huge Easter candy display as soon as you walk in the door, and she
walked right by, never even flinched!
She loves jerky and pemmican.  The newest thing I've noticed is the
decrease in ear wax in Laci and my husband.  They both had massive
amounts of ear wax (seems to run in my husband's family).  I haven't seen
any in Laci's ears in over a week.  I thought that was interesting.
Probably a gluten by-product???

I also have one question to throw out.  What's the reasoning behind no
beets?  We've always eaten them raw.  Is it the high sugar content, a lot
of poisons, or what?
Jacki