From:
"E.D. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:18:35 +0000
Don Wiss wrote:

> Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >As the gatherer half of the paleoreationship, are nuts, fruits, seeds and
> >vegetables enough to maintain good health?

I'm listening to the paleo threads over the last two
weeks and have worked through much of the Neander-thin
diet ideas (successfully).  Now I'm beginning to wonder
how fasting (no food) fits into the paleo-diet approach.

I find I'm eating meat, fruit, vegies (mostly meat) with
a real appatite and still losing weight (as promised) over
the last six weeks. On the other had, just stuffing in food
(no between meal snacks) without a break (fasting fo say
up to 24 hours with water, fruit juices only) makes "paleo-
sense" to me. The primal hunter-gathers fasted by default
between big feasts of meat after the successful hunt.

Please advise me on a logic of a paleo-fast.

Ed Anderson
(10 lbs thinner, approaching an
ideal weight at 55 years of age for
the first time in 30 years).