NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:14:48 +0100
>>dishes.  I believe MSG can be derived from corn also, but I don't have
>>the reference for that handy.

I understand MSG may be derived from different sources, but anyway it has
similarities to glutamat who I believe is an essential substance in
releasing of energy in muscles. MSG is belived to be able to 'mess up'
things in the 'biochemical machinery'. Means you may have an reaction
wheter it is made from dairy or not. If dairy, more reactions?
I don't have a reference handy. The references on most of these issues are
fighting eachother anyway:-/

Martin Finne,
Trondheim, Norway.