RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rex Harrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:40:30 -0500
Jean-Louis Tu passed on more lab data that one 'scientist' interpreted one way
and a thousand other 'scientists' may have interpreted other ways, none of the
1001 ways necessarily being right:

> Am J Clin Nutr 1989 Oct;50(4):830-2
> Oxalate: effect on calcium absorbability.
> Heaney RP, Weaver CM
> Creighton University, Omaha, NE 68178.
>
> Absorption of calcium from intrinsically labeled Ca oxalate was
> measured in 18 normal women and compared with absorption of Ca

[remainder of report moved down below]

Here's a few simple questions from a hill-billy dirt-farmer: did all this
"absorbed" calcium go toward bone-building or instead to make kidney stones?
Did it help the teeth grow stronger or did it indeed lodge as gallstones?   Did
the test subjects become more alive (thrive in every sense of the word) or did
they sit around and grow calcium lumps under their skin while grumbling that
their arthritis was getting worse?

Somebody has to wake up and start making connections.

Was this yet another of those sell-more-milk (or whatever) studies?  Am I the
only one who sees they are all bogus?  Am I the only one who understands that
when quality comes into the picture the baloney will rapidly evaporate.

So, yes, I'm not impressed by phony studies that make it to cyberworld---I
ignore them.  If anyone here thinks that makes me an ignoramus, sobeit.

I've noticed more than one person on this list who would profit from switching
off Medline and sitting on a bucket outside watching leaf lettuce grow.  There
are others who could learn a bit by watching blue mold spread over a bummer
orange lying in a fruit bowl.

Of course anyone who doesn't like what I have to say can do as Kirt suggests:
hit the delete key.   :)

Regards,
Rex Harrill