RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Wuts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:23:33 -0700
I just got a blood test done and have a question about it. The
nutritionist says from the blood test that I am deficient in
hydrochloric acid, B12, and Folate. She also says I may have a parasite
problem.
For the parasites she uses the fact that my Eosinophil blood cells are
Nine percent when they should be in the range of 0-5%. I have no problem
with that. I do eat RAF almost every day. I will have the test for
parasites but am not sure if I will do anything about them.

My question concerns my uric acid level, which is 2.0 mg/dL when it
should be between 3.8 and 8.5. She says that shows that I am not eating
enough protein or am not breaking it down. Well I eat a lot of protein
and take HCL and protein enzymes with every meal. My Blood Urea Nitrogen
level is 24 mg/dL, which is on the high side. Could my nitrogen be going
into Urea instead of Uric acid? Has any one done any before and after
blood tests correlated to a RAF diet? It was also supprising to see my
"iron binding capacity" to be low on a high protein diet. I do not take
iron supplements.

Frank.