RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:50:34 -0700
Nomi:
>Diamond organics is expensive
>but if you live in Ohio or Kansas city and have no recourse (I counseled a

Tom:
I would think that the recourse is to eat non-organic foods, sold at
more reasonable prices. One can eat raw non-organic, and still get
good results. Further, local non-organic might even be fresher than
organic shipped from California, to the East coast of the U.S.

Nomi:
>Tom, let's not forget that you and I are lucky to be living in California-
>where produce is abundant and organic produce available all year 'round- the

Tom:
I agree that California has a better food supply situation than other areas.
The abundant selection here is amazing. Still, the snob effect of selling
organic as boutique food, is not appealing to me. Better to encourage
local gardens, than to sell food at outrageous prices.

Thanks for your comments/feedback!

P.S. details - I sent this in reply to Nomi's letter, which was lost when I
had a local line crash. The refs in the header point to Kirt's comments,
as I used Kirt's post to do an automatic reply. $46 might be OK for a
couple of durians, but $46 is a bit steep for rice pudding. :-)

P.S. #2 - thanks for your comments, Kirt!

Tom Billings