RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 15:16:41 -0400
Liane:
> How long can a transition phase last? If anybody knows?  I have been 90%
> raw for about 3 months now and I'm beginning to think I will always feel
> weak and tired. Plus, I used to get 1 or 2 pimples, usually on my chin,
> at that time of the month when I was 100% cooked. Since being on the raw
> diet I didn't break out in any. Then all of a sudden this month I got 4
> or 5, including one on my cheek, 3 above my upper lip, and my forehead
> is not smooth.

It is very difficult to say. Some people do not experience any transition
period (good health from the very beginning of the new diet), others
have a transition period of 6 months. It really depends on your previous
state of health, your age, your past and present diet. However, if you
have no signs of improvements at all after 6 months, it may be a sign
that your current diet is deficient. See in the archives (end 1996) the
posts of Roberto Wajsman Crespo who, after 14 months of pure fruitarianism,
kept losing weight and felling extremely cold.
As for me, my transition period lasted 2-3 months (and I was young and
healthy).

As for your pimples, you might want to suppress for a few days each one
of the foods you are eating for a few days to see if the symptoms disappear.
Maybe you have an allergy (do you eat gluten?). Or maybe some of the
foods you eat are heat-denatured (typically, dried fruits, nuts, seeds).

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis