RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:44:36 +0100 (MET)
Denis:

>Make your choice in situ as it were, smelling all the fruits and
>vegetables  before buying.

It reminds me that a few days ago, I tried mangustan (is the
translation correct? The French name is "mangoustan"). A bit expensive
(40 F/kg); the outer part is thick, a bit hard, dark red, and it tastes
*awful*; but the central, white part (similar to lychee) has a really
fine taste. I guess that if I was an animal, relying only on smell
and/or on the first bite, I would never suspect that the fruit were
edible.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis.