From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 12:33:21 -0400
On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Paula H. wrote:

> Sandy,
>         After a year of Atkins, you "only" lost 38 pounds  - or almost 3/4 pounds
> a week!!  What's wrong with that?  Did you feel good?  Was your hunger
> satisfied?  Some people just lose more slowly than others due to their
> metabolism, medications, etc.  I'd be happy if I were you - you didn't
> gain!!

I second that...  I've lost 55 lbs so far, but it's taken me 2 years to do
so.  However -- my skin isn't baggy from too quick a weight loss! :D  And
I'm almost there!

Let's see... one year after starting Atkins, I'd gone from 196 to around
160 (I can't remember exactly)...
Eight months later, I'm down to 140...  hope to get to 135.  So it's been
a bit slower, the less fat I have to lose.  But I've been at 140 since
about February.  I'm not worried; I'll look just fine in that bathing
suit, if I ever get around to having an occasion to putting it on!  (My
vacation this year will be the first week of September, in Maine... not
exactly Bermuda.)

So hang in there.  It's worth it.

Mara