From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 02:48:07 -0500
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Todd Moody wrote:

> Nevertheless, I suggest
> trying for the best level of compliance that you can at the
> start, and then work on improving it, within your personal
> tolerance limits.

        I give the opposite advice.  Go with 110% the first week.  No tea
at all, no suger - not even dextrose.  Go very, very light on the fruit
with no dried fruit and no juices.  What this will do is help break your
body of its bad habbits.  Once you know you CAN do it all the way, it
should be no problem if you want to eat dextrose laden meat once in a
while, or have a few strips of real bacon.  (Actually, real bacon tastes
aweful after getting used to a low salt diet).  The first week is the
most important, as it's the week that you go through the big changes.
What you need to do is kill off your intestinal herbevore flora and stop
production of the enzymes needed to eat "normal" food.  At the same time
you repopulate with carnivore bacteria in your gut, and get your stomach
up to the challange of handling large amounts of high-fat meat.  Also,
the tastebuds are reset to reject things that are to sweet or too salty,
or just to cooked.
        If you want to go 150%, try a pemmican fast - nothing but
pemmican and water for a while.  After that, you may find apples no
longer appeal, and forget about eating a grape, let alone a rasin.

Karl Alexis McKinnon     | And as your fantasies are broken in two
P.O. Box 193             | Did you really think this bloody road would
South Milwaukee, WI 53154| Pave the way for you?     - Jeff Buckley