From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 14:15:44 -0500
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Todd Moody wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, Grant Magnuson wrote:

> It's pretty easy just to skip the grains, the spuds, the dairy,
> and that's about 85% right there.

        Don't forget to skip the beans.  Not too hard unless you're into
Mexican pretty heavy.  I do myself a favor and avoid Mexican, Italian and
Chinese unless I can't.  Then, I avoid Chinese because I don't like it
anyway.

>  The vegetable oils are a bit
> harder to avoid when you are not cooking your own food, but for
> most of us that is a small percentage of the time.

        It happened unbeknownsted to me.  I was tired and angry and in
need of rare red meat.  They guy cooked it in some weird oil.  For about
a week I was cooking my burgers in olive oil to try and destimulate the
engram through replaying of the event.

> I don't believe that the pinch of dextrose in some
> processed meats is going to throw my metabolism into a power
> dive.  Yes, it's good to avoid such things, but not at the cost
> of becoming phobic about my food.

        I try to do what I can, but I just found out No Name steaks have
dextrose in them, and they're the source for 4 oz sirloin around my
house.  I don't think you honestly -can- avoid that much dextrose.
Still, I try to push for as much compliance as humanly possible.
        Which remidns me, is MSG OK?  I didn't realize it was artificial
(I thought the chemical name was like calling table salt NaCl), so I got
a spice that has it as an ingredient.  I like it on chicken, because it
really draws out the flavor of the fat in low-fat meats.

Karl Alexis McKinnon     | And as your fantasies are broken in two
P.O. Box 193             | Did you really think this bloody road would
South Milwaukee, WI 53154| Pave the way for you?     - Jeff Buckley