From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:26:17 -0800
To All!!

When I have more time I'll give you some of the Great Studies there are
on Wine and the benefits and why.  But before I go I'll give you a
couple:

1. Something that's in the skin of Dark Grapes and mostly only comes out
when the Wine is made the Old-Fashioned Way - I like to call it Biblical
Wine since that's how it was done back then etc. - is an Enzyme called
Gastric Alcohol Dehydranase - If I spelled it right - and guess what it
does?  Just what it sounds like:  It starts to digest Alcohol in the
stomach before it hits the Blood Stream and has a very different Effect
compared to Distilled Alcohol where all the Enzymes would have been
destroyed in the Distillation Process.  Also Wine is a Food and not
Alcohol per se but does have Alcohol in it.  Nature knew what it was
doing when it had everything that was needed in the Grape that when it
was Fermented that it created not only a Tasty Beverage but a Most
Health Giving and Healing One.

What the Enzyme also seems to do is literally clean out the Arteries and
the Liver from all the Fat that might have accumulated there.  As you
All might know that Alcohol can literally turn into a certain type of
Fat and if what the Body needs to digest it isn't available it seems to
just store in the Body in Certain Locations, namely the Liver.  So what
happens is that all this Undigested Alcohol turns into this Fat that
literally Hardens the Liver because what was needed to digest it and
have the Liver process it is not there.  So it gets deposited in the
Liver and it starts to harden.  So by drinking an Old-Fashioned Wine you
get the needed Enzyme and that Fat literally gets digested and the Liver
become Softer and Healthy again.  Also it seem the this same Enzyme like
I said has an Affinity for certain Fats - if not all - and so it seems
to also clean out your Arteries as well.  Hence all the Healthy French
and Italians who eat Very High Fat, and Especially Animal Fat, and yet
have no signs at all basically of Atherosclerosis - I Wonder Why!!!
They also have a lot of Olive Oil too made the Old-Fashioned Way where
the Olive Oil is made from Black Ripe Olives instead of Green Unripe
ones.  You see you lose about 1/2 the crop if you allow them all to
Ripen and most Orchards just don't want to lose that much so start
picking and making Oil from the Green Unripe Olives - Yuck!!! - I won't
touch that stuff!!! - Thank God I found a source for Black Ripe Olive
Oil that looks a Golden Amber Color and not nearly as Green as the
typical Commercial Stuff even though they might say it's Organic or not.
- Boy that was a Mouthful!!!

I also know of a few Alcoholics that have gotten off Alcohol by getting
on the Old-Fashioned Wine.  So from what I've seen it seems like
Alcoholism is not only Psychological, which I'm sure it at least partly
is, but Physiological in Nature and these Poor People's Bodies are
Craving Alcohol it seems because their Bodies are looking for the Enzyme
that they would've gotten in Natural Old-Fashioned Made Wine.  So they
keep craving Alcohol until the Body gets the Trigger I guess from the
Enzyme and the Body no longer feels the need for the Alcohol or Wine so
to speak.  It really seems to work and the effects are noticeable in the
first week and in about a month they seem to be off the need for Alcohol
- Cool, Eh!!! - Don't go on about Winos to me though because you have to
remember that's Cheap Modern Wine and I'm sure the Nutritional and
Health Benefits, if any, are Minimal at best - But Who Knows!!!

2.  A study I read about from Italy in about 1967 or 1969 showed that
Italian Women who drank lots of Wine during their Pregnancy had
Healthier Babies than the Women who didn't.  It seems that the Wine
allowed them to absorb more Iron from their Food hence got more
Nutrition in their Bodies and henceforth Healthier Babies.  Also
something Very Interesting to note:  There were no Cases of AFS -
Alcohol Fetal Syndrome - as there seems to be with Women who have a lot
of Alcohol - Distilled Alcohol that is - during Pregnancy.  As I said
before Wine is a Food and not Alcohol like Distilled Alcohol is -
Capiche!!

Well I could go on and on and on - and on!!! - about the Health Benefits
of Wine etc. but I don't have time right now and hope that this gives
you All some Food for Thought so to speak!!!

Well that was my 3¢ worth so far - My Rates went up about a 1/2¢ since
my last Message - :)!!! - I will Post some more Info on the Subject at a
later Time when I have more Time.

 - Take Care!!!

 - Gregg!!!