From:
Charles Castellow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 09:22:24 -0800
> I think You always have to judge yourself what is within paleodiet.
> In the beginning I "cheated" a few times with beer, but has found tha
> I get a little nausea of it, so I have lost my taste for it.
> Sometimes I take a little ( < 1/4 glass) of red wine before bed.
> I can not imagine this will hurt.

It's easy to imagine how some grapes could have fermented on the vine,
or perhaps some apples fermented on the tree.  Unfortunately it's harder
to imagine how some barley might have gone through a spontaneous malting,
followed by the mashing, etc. necessary to produce beer.  I don't believe
I could have made beer with just a spear.

-Charlie