From:
Beverle Sweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 06:57:57 -0500
Yvette:
   I am so glad you asked.  Right now I am having a cup of Celestial
Seasonings Mandarin Orange with a large teaspoon of frozen orange juice
concentrate to sweeten and cool.  Welchs make two kinds of "Juice
Makers" that are just juice - no corn syrup, etc.  Grape and mixed berry
(or something like that)  Juice Makers are the pop top cans of juice
concentrate that you find in the bottled juices.  When I make tea -
decaf, green or herb, I put in a couple of teaspoons of that juice.
Sweeter and delicious.  Just be very careful - don't knock the damned
can over!  What a mess!  Luckily I had some K2R handy.  Oh yeah - I also
take about one tablespoon of that concentrate or frozen orange, apple or
whatever, as long as it is just juice and mix it with the 0 calorie
sparkling water.  Put the juice in after the water, otherwise it fizzes
too much.  Just a little juice makes such a big refreshing drink.  I
don't like ice or cold drinks so there isn't any watering down.  Those
sparkling waters come in _very_ mild flavors - mandarin orange,
lemon-lime and raspberry.  The flavors are listed as "natural
flavorings" so I think they are OK.  That really is a lot of stuff to
drink, huh?  Check the frozen juice section and you will be amazed at
the combinations you can make.  For a treat - pina colada? a little
coconut milk.  For myself that is a little cloying and since I don't
need it anymore I am pretty happy with what I have just described.  I
would like to add that I _truly_, _truly_ did not think I could give up
my chocolate raspberry, hazelnut creme, chocolate caramel coffees.  I
derived immense pleasure from 3 to 4 cups (big) everyday.  But I went
cold turkey, put my head in the right place and the rewards have been
worth it.  I even fix a big cup for my husband 3 times a day and don't
cry.  Of course, I am hoping that my results will eventually bring him
over, but right now I still have lots of coffee left and I hate to waste
things.  Maybe when it is all gone I can convince him that we shouldn't
buy any more.  Have I given you some good ideas?
Love,
Bev