From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 02:01:32 ADT
> Do you guys get weird looks when you ask for suet? I am in the store
> every day now asking for suet and they kind of look at me like I'm
> crazy because they know we eat it, not give it to the birds.

When I was in Sam's Club last week, there was a sign over the Meat
Department advertising 50# boxes of suet for $29, or $0.58/lb.
If you have a local Sam's, that would be a pretty incognito way of
buying a large amount of suet.

As soon as I know the weather will stay cold enough to consider the
"big freezer" is "on", I plan on buying a box myself.  To explain,
the shed next to the cabin is my "big freezer", which any other year
is being used for freezer space by now.  Hmmm, using Ma Nature's
natural freezer space...how paleo....    :-)

As far as birds and suet, some species like it and some don't.  Some
would rather have seeds; some would rather have peanut butter.

Lisa Sporleder
Ester, Alaska  (supposed to warm up to the 20s again this week, no
box of suet for me yet!)