Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 21:08:08 -0500
Hello,

I belong to this list as well as the Lowcarb list (for weightloss) and I am
trying to gradually get to where I'm eating Paleo. Each day I set out with
that goal in mind and each say I seem to fail by eating cheese which I should
avoid anyway because I am sensitive to yeast. I was hoping that pemmican
would be something to fill me up and help me to avoid the foods I know don't
agree with me. I have been reading with great interest all the directions of
late, for making pemmican and I would like to try it. I'd be starting from
ground zero here and would have to purchase a dehydrator for starters. Any
suggestions on size, type, price and most important, simplicity of use would
be very much appreciated. Also I am wondering about buying the beef. Will the
butcher in a supermarket slice it up when you I it or will I have to do that
at home (then I guess I would need a slicer too). Last question (promise)
does anyone add seasonings, herbs?
Thanks for your help.
Me Jane
(sorry I couldn't resist)