From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 1997 13:40:26 -0700
I've received a number of private emails with some very good reasons why cross
posting between various STONE and SPEAR lists is a good idea.  Basically it
amounts to one of perspective or "slant" with which each list can and does
provide i.e. a more rounded picture on the same subject than one dedicated
list provides by itself.

It clearly won't have an effect on those not subscribed to more than one list,
but there are some folks who subscribe to all four lists both who are long
time lowcarbers looking to "tweak" their personal diet regimen and those new
to lowcarbing who are still seeking an approach most suitable for them -- so
seeing something repeated four times might be a little annoying on your delete
button finger -- yet on the otherhand, may produce some widely different

So unless I'm flogged with private complaints that cross-posting is
detrimental in someway, then cross-posting is perfectly OK if the topic is
clearly within the mandate of the list(s) to which they are posted.

--
        STONE and SPEAR
ATKINS-NEW * LOWCARB-LIST * LC-DIABETES * PALEOFOOD