From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 17:59:29 -0700
----------
> From: Caroline Albanese
> About breast cancer and fiber...this may be a stretch, but it seems to
> me that a lot of modern dieases, hypertension, adult onset diabetes,
> cancer, coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, obesity,
> all may be related to the detrimental effects of too much insulin

I tend to agree with this. These diseases show a remarkable improvement
after blood sugar levels are stabilized. In my mind (and that my only be in
my mind) there is no speculation about this. These are well documented
facts.(Read Eades, Atkins, Bernstein). Atkins and Bernstein have more than
25 years of clinical examples. Bernstein himself is a living example. These
doctors' patients eat almost any food, as long as the blood sugar remains
stable.This includes non-nutritive sweeteners, coffee, tea, wine,cheese,
tofu, diet sodas etc. Apart from the phytates, the "foreign protein" theory
is too speculative and imprecise IMHO.  Long lived peoples around the world
eat a large variety of foods. The longest living group, those in Russia,
consume dairy products.  None consume large quantities of high glycemic,
unrefined carbohydrates. Until someone can show me otherwise, I place my
bets on glucose control. %-)

Gary