From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 19:45:02 -0700
I hate to interrupt the religion stuff and talk about diet. Over the past
few weeks/months on an essentially low carb diet I have been trying to get
the calcium/magnesium/potassium/sodium balance right to correct symptoms
like tiredness and lethargy. Taking supplements helps but then taking
supplements usually mean that something underlying is wrong (?). Well it
turns out, that for me, drinking loads of water seems to have solved the
problem in the last few weeks, without changing the diet. I was drinking a
lot of liquid mainly in the form of tea. I remember the ex Soviet physicist
Andrei Sakharov mentioning that he made sure he drank plenty of water
(mineral water) during his hunger fast to maintain his electrolyte balance.
This may be the key. It would seem that there may not be a need to increase
intake of the ion forming minerals and instead to increase the intake of
the perfect solvent to create the electrolytes. ie Water, and mineral water
if possible. But I suppose this was obvious any way. Ok, now back to the
religion...........

Gary