NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sonya Benisovich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 11:01:37 -0400
>> BTW, does tomato juice correspond to apple or
>>orange jiuce in any major way?

For me it's not just orange and apple juice, but raw vegetables, especially
greens.  In the last few months, for the first time, I've tried to go
completely dairy free (I'm LI), and now, for the first time in a couple of
years, I can actually eat an occasional salad.

I've also started drinking orange juice again, which I am very happy about
since I buy it fortified with calcium.  However, it seems like I can get
away with it for a few days in a row, and then I start having GI problems.

By the way, since I've stopped eating dairy, when I ingest it accidently,
my body's reaction is much worse than it used to be.  Aside from the
expected GI symptoms, my stomach sounds like a running brook for about a
day.  Does anyone else get this?   Does anyone know why my symptoms would
have gotten worse?  This doesn't make sense to me since the ingestions have
been fairly minute, and I would think I would have had enough lactase to
break down that little amount of lactose.

Thanks for any info.

Sonya

Sonya V. Benisovich
Cancer Prevention Research Center