BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 May 1998 08:16:17 -0400
Thank you again Mary.  Although I am well versed on the "intangibles" I lack
most of the hard economic stuff to which you refer.  Could you send a list
of some of the studies (such as Knox).
The subjects of gentrification and post-affordable neighborhoods and the
issues of standards of rehabilitation that not only increase annual
maintenance costs and construction costs are prickly indeed.  The other side
of the coin is equally difficult: taste.  "Look, vinyl not only is cheaper,
the windows less drafty, no painting is needed and financing terms
available, but best of all it looks better and tastes great (or at least
better than lead)."

Yours Truly,

Leland