Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lisa & Mike Biskup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:38:03 -0800
In short, these fats aren't "natural."  So I choose lean meats and
> use nuts for my source of fats.  This is modeled on what the
> !Kung do.  I eat salads all the time, but the caloric
> contribution of salad vegetables to my overall intake is trivial.

I read the other day in a book called Nisa !Kung: Life and Words of a
!Kung Woman by Marjorie Shostak that only 20% of the !Kung people ever
reach 60.  Half of them have physical problems if they make it to 60,
making them dependent on others.  Also, tooth decay is essentially
absent, probably because they do not eat sugar and refined carbs. This
was interesting since Weston Price's Nutrition and Physical Degeneration
held up the primitive diet as the best with evidence that those people
following such a diet had great teeth, wide jaws, good dental arches,
etc. and were in terrific health.  But my question is how long did they
live??  Any info?

Also, Mike and I, after 10 and 7 years of vegetarianism respectively had
some sardines and clams last night.  Sardines seem high in calcium and
clams high in iron.  I would appreciate any info on other types of
seafood that have high nutrition value.

Lisa