Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:19:48 -0500
Mary <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>How do you feel, how is your energy level on the raw diet?

Complex question. I started raw last year. From Oct 1996 to mid-August 1997,
my diet was about 50% fruit (in the ordinary sense), 5% animal food (mainly
fish), the rest being sprouts, avocados, nuts, vegetables... During that period,
I felt much more relaxed, had at least as much energy as before. The drawback is
that the excessive amount of fruits promoted sugar cravings, and my digestion
became less good.

At mid-August, I began to eat more meat. I think I am currently eating 1.5 lbs
animal food and 1 lb fruits on average, the rest being nuts, vegetables,
mushrooms... I probably do better on a mid-carb than on a high-carb diet: I feel
more rooted, have more energy. The drawback is that I seem to sweat more when I
workout and I am also a bit more nervous, although not as much as during my
cooked days.

A question I have however not been able to solve is whether all these effects
are due to eating raw, or giving up wheat and dairy. For instance, my acne
disappeared least year, but a few weeks ago, when I started to experiment with
dairy again, I had a few pimples after eating 1 lb of raw cheese. On the other
hand, I have had a few cooked meals with some friends, at which I only ate
boiled vegetables, and my body didn't protest. I will have to experiement one
day with cooked meat to see what happens.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis